So I have Vista, 64 bit OS,
I am using JCreator,
I get the error:
I was suggested the following:
The most likely cause is that you have the CLASSPATH environment variable set.
The CLASSPATH environment variable, which is optional, has a list of one or more directories in which the Java runtime
looks for your ".class" file.
If the CLASSPATH environment variable is not set, the Java runtime looks for your ".class" file in the current
directory, which is what you want.
How can I get rid of the CLASSPATH environment variable?
1) Right click the "My Computer" icon and select "Properties";
2) On the "System Properties" dialog box, click the "Advanced" tab;
3) On the "Advanced" tab, click the "Environment Variables" button;
4) Scroll through the "User Variables for..." listbox and look for an entry for CLASSPATH. If you find one, select it
and click the "Delete" button;
5) Scroll through the "System variables" listbox and look for an entry for CLASSPATH. If you find one, select it and
click the "Delete" button;
6) On the "Environment Variables" dialog box, click the "OK" button;
7) On the "System Properties" dialog box, click the "OK" button;
How can I verify that the CLASSPATH environment variable has been deleted?
1) Click the "start" button on the Windows taskbar;
2) Select "Run...";
3) In the "Run" dialog box, enter "CMD" in the Open listbox, then click the "OK" button;
4) In the command-line window, type: set CLASSPATH
5) Press ENTER, which should display: Environment variable CLASSPATH not defined
So in Vista I do the above instructions and I go to and I get the desired:
Environment variable CLASSPATH not defined
So its not a VISTA 64 thing?
the other thing I think it might be is I just went to Jcreator and hit NEW and then JAVA file, I do not have a seperate .class file,
how do I make the appriate .class file out of the .java file if that is the case.
Thanks, I appreciate any help, I am very new to this and am trying to do an online class by myself.
If its not an OS problem, or a missing .class file, I will post the code, but since its an online class, I am trying to avoid putting my work online unless neccessary