Thank you to anyone who is going to help me i really appreciate it
This programming assignment is to implement and compare the following sorting algorithms :
1. quicksort (recursive version ) , use the median of three as the pivot element.
2. quicksort (recursive version ), using median of three for pivot and switch to insertion sort when size of array is less than certain predetermined integer -- the cutoff size
3. quicksort (non-recursive)
4. mergesort recursive
Java Generic must be used for each of the sorting method.
You should use arrays instead of ArrayLists or LinkedList to store
(I will test your sorting methods on arrays of different class of
comparable objects, such as Double, Rational number etc .)
Put all the sorting methods in one class ( Sort.java ).
Do not package.
You also have to provide Tester class that
1. generates arrays of Integers of any given size .
2. use each sorting method to sort the array and measure the
running time for each case.
3. You might also include other utility methods.
You must submit the following:
* All the Java source codes
* Documentation that describes what you did, and how to run your program
To run the program :
Type the command : java Test1 10000