Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: Java Program For Web Experiment
- 01-23-2009, 07:13 AM #1Member
- Join Date
- Jan 2009
- Rep Power
Java Program For Web Experiment
I am posting to get advice/help with creating a program based on an .exe.
I am a Clinical Psychology PhD student at the University of New South Wales. I want to be able to run an online study incorporating a java version of the Balloon Analogue Risk Task (BART; File is 5MB, can't upload it but can email it to you if you can help). The original task appears fairly straight forward... you have to click a button to blow up a balloon (which inflates in size with each pump). Each 'pump' earns a certain amount of money. However there is a variable ratio bursting threshold so that when it bursts (with sound effect) you lose all money earned on the trial. You can choose to 'bank' the money and all money in the permanent bank is retained. On the original application you can choose how many trials, and data is saved in various forms but I would be interested in seeing how many pumps per trial that the balloon was not burst.
I would like to know:
1) Whether it is possible to design a program like this, especially one that would be able to collect data and save on a server or email to me.
2) Is Java the most suitable platform for a program like this? If not, what one is more suitable?
I hope I have been clear enough. Forgive me but my knowledge of this sort of stuff is rather limited. Any help would be very much appreciated! :confused:
- 01-23-2009, 06:17 PM #2
- By uncommon in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 13Last Post: 12-21-2008, 12:30 AM
- By littleBean in forum New To JavaReplies: 7Last Post: 07-21-2008, 11:07 PM
- By Java Tip in forum java.ioReplies: 0Last Post: 04-04-2008, 02:40 PM
- By jvasilj1 in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 02-05-2008, 08:22 AM
- By JavaBean in forum Java TipReplies: 0Last Post: 10-04-2007, 09:33 PM