Results 21 to 28 of 28
Thread: Read and modify text file
- 11-19-2008, 05:08 AM #21
- 11-19-2008, 05:33 AM #22
eh...As u can see, my program is able to concatenate the words so now i would like to set alligmnet to all those concatenated paragraphs.
- 11-19-2008, 09:00 AM #23Senior Member
- Join Date
- Jun 2008
- Rep Power
I'm sorry, but like I said before, you are not creating a word document, you are simply creating another text document and giving it the ".doc" extension, which will force the system (if the file associations are configured that way, which they usually are) to use Word to open it, but it is still only a text document. A text document doesn't have any kind of alignment.
You could indent the first line of a paragraph with a few simple spaces, but that's about it.
Last edited by masijade; 11-19-2008 at 09:19 AM.
- 11-19-2008, 09:10 AM #24
Once you use *.doc extension you can see that icon is also same as the normal word document. But it's not the same. You cannot workout in this way, if you want to deal with formatting, because as masijade says it's just a text file. I think in one of the previous post someone say about POI project.
- 11-19-2008, 09:52 AM #25
oh yea...i forgot the fact that the system is not creating the .doc .:o
Thanks again for clarifying my questions and doubts. rep ya all:)
- 11-19-2008, 10:06 AM #26
- 11-19-2008, 10:57 AM #27
yep still reading abt POI at //poi.apache.org/
- 11-19-2008, 11:03 AM #28
- By matzahboy in forum New To JavaReplies: 5Last Post: 11-17-2008, 05:47 AM
- By hungleon88 in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 9Last Post: 09-24-2008, 04:19 AM
- By gezzel in forum New To JavaReplies: 2Last Post: 09-19-2008, 05:04 PM
- By janeansley in forum New To JavaReplies: 40Last Post: 07-04-2008, 09:41 AM
- By Java Tip in forum Java TipReplies: 0Last Post: 02-08-2008, 10:13 AM