Results 1 to 3 of 3
- 10-07-2008, 11:59 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Oct 2008
- United Kingdom
- Rep Power
Data Sorting in a .data file using java
I have a .data file (called trial.data) that has around 100,000 values listed in it. I would like to be able to use some form of filereader programme in java that does 3 things with the data:
1. It ignores all values above a certain value, the value is 40,000;
2. Out of the values below 40,000 the programme should group them into 10 different groups (i.e. <2k, <4k,...., <20k);
3. It displays the data after the filtering and categorising.
I am quite new to java so my knowledge is not the best but it would be great if someone could help me out. Don't fancy using Excel for this, far too many values.
- 10-08-2008, 12:59 AM #2
The way this works...
The way the forum works is that you provide your code/program and ask a specific question about a problem that you have with that code. As for reading a file from Java, there is tons of info on this forum and the internet. This is the first google that I found:
- 10-08-2008, 02:52 AM #3
- By antony75 in forum NetworkingReplies: 4Last Post: 02-09-2009, 06:56 AM
- By Oasis13 in forum New To JavaReplies: 5Last Post: 02-01-2008, 12:16 AM
- By Java Tip in forum Java TipReplies: 0Last Post: 01-16-2008, 10:42 AM
- By Thez in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 12-08-2007, 09:24 PM
- By techno_brains in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 07-15-2007, 05:46 PM