Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: What is Seeding Concept?
- 09-02-2008, 10:03 AM #1
- 09-03-2008, 06:47 AM #2Member
- Join Date
- Jul 2008
- Rep Power
In reference to what? I have come across it in the concept of a starting point for an algorithm. For example, there is no way to truly generate random numbers. There are algorithms which can generate pseudo-random numbers. These algorithms accept a "seed" as a parameter and do some logic against it to create a "random" number. The same seed for the same algorithm will always generate the same output. A common practice when generating random numbers is to seed your random number generator with with current system time in milliseconds, as it is always changing and will create a new seed every time the method is called.
- By Mathan in forum New To JavaReplies: 19Last Post: 06-27-2008, 07:02 AM
- By indirani in forum New To JavaReplies: 3Last Post: 04-16-2008, 02:30 PM
- By thamizhisai in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 4Last Post: 04-11-2008, 08:19 AM
- By Java Tip in forum Spring FrameworkReplies: 0Last Post: 04-02-2008, 11:36 AM
- By JavaBean in forum Java TipReplies: 0Last Post: 10-04-2007, 10:21 PM