Results 1 to 1 of 1
- 04-09-2008, 05:10 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Apr 2008
- Rep Power
(Server)Socket application deploying
Hi there! I have a question about deploying java (Server)Socket applications.
I know how to make a client application and a server application. They just connect to eachother with a serversocket/socket.
I can run to two applications locally and they work fine. (they communicate)
The thing is: how can I deploy the server application on my server on the internet?
I have apache running over there. (not tomcat, but I dont need that for this simple program do I?)
Do I need to just upload some .class files with ftp? But how do I start them up over there?
In the future I want to make a simple game, where multible client applications can make a connection
with my server, where a java application is running. (with UDP in that case, right now TCP is fine)
Thanks in advance for your time/response,
- By Hinty in forum NetworkingReplies: 2Last Post: 03-14-2009, 07:39 AM
- By masadjie in forum NetworkingReplies: 1Last Post: 12-20-2007, 09:18 AM
- By Waccoon in forum NetworkingReplies: 1Last Post: 12-17-2007, 11:13 AM
- By dmis in forum Enterprise JavaBeans (EJB)Replies: 0Last Post: 11-12-2007, 01:12 PM