Results 1 to 2 of 2
- 04-07-2008, 10:41 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Apr 2008
- Rep Power
getting the default browser+MIME data
I want to ask : how to get the current system default browser by java code at runtime (IE,firefox,...)? and how to get its specific version ? also how to get the supported MIME type of that browser also by java code?
this is intended to be part of a network agent by java.
- 04-08-2008, 01:31 PM #2
Welcome to the Java Forums.
In older versions of Java you used to be able to use:
Systems.getProperty("browser"); Systems.getProperty("browser.version"); Systems.getProperty("browser.vendor");
Because of this I am no longer sure how to get the browser information you require. I will have a look around and see what I can find...Did this post help you? Please me! :cool:
- By firstname.lastname@example.org in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 10-18-2010, 05:03 PM
- By Java Tip in forum Java TipReplies: 0Last Post: 03-03-2008, 05:20 PM
- By Java Tip in forum Java TipReplies: 0Last Post: 03-03-2008, 05:18 PM
- By Riftwalker in forum Java AppletsReplies: 4Last Post: 12-04-2007, 04:57 PM
- By hiranya in forum AWT / SwingReplies: 2Last Post: 11-01-2007, 06:08 PM