Results 1 to 1 of 1
- 04-22-2013, 02:21 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Dec 2012
- Rep Power
running a java programme on an web server
I just need someone to point me in the correct direction. I have designed a programme in java (well multiple ones) and I am currently researching how best I can put the programme onto a web server (which I would pay a monthly fee for) so that it would run continuously. I additionally understand there would be changes to the programme. I want to be able to communicate with the web server to change and modify the programme obviously. Additionally I want the programme to then send information to clients over the internet.
Currently I have been looking at using Eclipse WTP and running it through Apache Tomcat to get it server side (currently just playing with localhost). I would then use MySQL to store the information that my programme creates.
Am I going along the correct path, or have I made a huge mistake? I do apologise for my ignorance in networking, I am working as magnetics engineer and I have never touched computer systems (except programming simple languages) before.
- By please help me in forum New To JavaReplies: 3Last Post: 10-12-2012, 07:10 PM
- By xxdave in forum New To JavaReplies: 3Last Post: 11-22-2011, 05:46 PM
- By Kyle227 in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 6Last Post: 06-19-2011, 11:46 PM
- By Java Tip in forum java.langReplies: 0Last Post: 04-04-2008, 03:49 PM