Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Open instant messaging protocol?
- 10-05-2012, 11:18 AM #1
Open instant messaging protocol?
I want to incorporate instant messaging into my app. It doesn't really matter what protocol I use as long as it meets these criteria:
1. The protocol is unencumbered by patents or copyrights;
2. There are free public servers available;
3. There is a free Java library under a BSD, Apache, or similar license.
I'm thinking XMPP might fit the bill, but are there any others?Get in the habit of using standard Java naming conventions!
- By knightwriter in forum Forum LobbyReplies: 2Last Post: 03-19-2012, 05:28 PM
- By sQu3aKy in forum NetworkingReplies: 2Last Post: 12-30-2010, 12:33 AM
- By sQu3aKy in forum NetworkingReplies: 0Last Post: 04-07-2010, 03:10 AM
- By javastuden in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 11-20-2009, 05:06 AM
- By Zosden in forum NetworkingReplies: 13Last Post: 05-05-2008, 07:18 AM