Results 1 to 3 of 3
Thread: Sockets API
- 04-26-2012, 10:47 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Apr 2012
- Rep Power
Can anyone help me with below scenario,
university wants to simplify the registration procedure by
taking advantage of the new emerging technology and replace the stand-alone application with a
client server application. The new students can receive CD 's containing the client application
and a multi-threaded server application will be hosted on the university server.
Both, client and server should communicate using the sockets API. Each time the client connects
to the server, the students can fill the necessary information (name, surname, birth date, telephone number , mail address) a
message (contains this information ) is sent to the server . The message should have the
in following format:
name\tsurname\tbirth year\ttelephone\tnumber\tmail address.
Once the server receives a message, it starts a new thread in order to save the received data in a
tab limited text file (one line per student). You might have many
threads running concurrently trying to write data in the text file, therefore writing to the text file
should be a serialized task.
Instead of saving the data in a file the data should be sent as a
message using sockets API to the university server.
Re: Sockets API
Re: Sockets API
OK, let's close this thread since it does not contain an answerable question. I invite you to re-ask your question, but if you do so, please show what you've done so far and please ask as specific a question as possible.
- By Maya in forum NetworkingReplies: 6Last Post: 04-20-2011, 12:52 AM
- By PhQ in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 05-04-2010, 04:36 AM
- By aamp in forum New To JavaReplies: 3Last Post: 01-15-2009, 11:56 AM
- By Zosden in forum NetworkingReplies: 16Last Post: 05-27-2008, 05:55 PM
- By Eric in forum NetworkingReplies: 3Last Post: 12-01-2007, 09:09 PM