Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Sending video
- 11-22-2011, 12:21 AM #1Member
- Join Date
- Nov 2011
- Rep Power
I have a project which involves creating a primitive messenger. I have to make only 2 computers communicate with each other and they have to be able to send text and watch a video. I managed to do the text part(they can send and receive text), but I don't know where to start with the video part.
The program should do something like this:
Computer A has the video "Christmas.avi"(just an example). Computer A then sends Computer B a request to watch the Christmas video. After B accepts, the video will start playing for both A and B at the same time (the teacher will accept a few frames delay between them).
I have read about JMF, RTP, but not thoroughly, as they are quite complex.
Is JMF enough to do this because it seems simpler and I have found more tutorials and info about it, or do I have to use RTP or UDP or some other things to be able to do what the program requires.
I will provide more info if needed.
- By Dark-Redd in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 0Last Post: 11-07-2011, 09:48 AM
- By hero in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 7Last Post: 08-12-2011, 09:54 PM
- By MATHU in forum JDBCReplies: 3Last Post: 06-28-2011, 09:18 AM
- By morris4019 in forum AWT / SwingReplies: 0Last Post: 03-30-2011, 07:06 AM
- By dewitrydan in forum New To JavaReplies: 0Last Post: 09-06-2010, 12:34 PM