Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: Multi client server guidance
- 04-11-2011, 02:38 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Apr 2011
- Rep Power
Multi client server guidance
I've started developing an on-line poker application as my final project at uni and I need some basic guidance as I can't get my head around some stuff :) I have some ideas, but i'm not sure how good they are and would appreciate ANY feedback
How would you go about the client-server communication?
I'll created a separate thread for each client that is connected to the server, but what happens when the clients try to connect to the same table ??
This will start a separate thread on each client but what about the server? How do i get each client to see whta the other are doing?
- 04-12-2011, 12:24 AM #2
There are many ways to go about this. Since a Table object is only shared by a few Client's, I suggest having a Table manager class, let's call it TableManager. When the Client wants to connect to a table, it asks the TableManager for that Table using ID's. Then just store that Table object in the Client object.
Table table = manager.getTable(1234); client.setTable(table); //etc...
- By lkcz in forum New To JavaReplies: 2Last Post: 09-24-2010, 11:31 AM
- By zackpudil in forum NetworkingReplies: 3Last Post: 01-29-2010, 07:53 AM
- By 435.mahesh in forum Java SoftwareReplies: 6Last Post: 04-25-2009, 12:45 AM
- By Kodak07 in forum NetworkingReplies: 3Last Post: 03-29-2009, 10:50 PM
- By hunterbdb in forum NetworkingReplies: 8Last Post: 10-17-2008, 04:10 AM