Results 1 to 2 of 2
- 01-23-2011, 07:11 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Jan 2011
- Rep Power
How to list all computer in a network?
Hi, I'm a newbie in this forum but I have a question...
What are the possibilities to list all computer in a network?
I've already wrote a program and it does what it should do but it's really inefficiently. It checks all IP-addresses between two IP's if they're reachable with isReachable(). I had to set the timeout to 2000ms and you can imagine how long it takes to check a whole class C net.
So far I know is isReachable() implemented by the ECHO-protocol.
Can I send a request to broadcast and every active PC answers to it? Is that possible? Or what about ARP, NetBios/SMB, LLMNR?
Anyone has an idea?
I hope you can help me!
- 01-24-2011, 02:12 PM #2
- By mickey in forum New To JavaReplies: 3Last Post: 08-06-2010, 08:47 AM
- By babji in forum NetworkingReplies: 1Last Post: 05-17-2010, 04:34 PM
- By lse123 in forum NetworkingReplies: 7Last Post: 05-02-2010, 11:35 PM
- By a_maged in forum NetworkingReplies: 0Last Post: 04-07-2009, 11:35 PM