Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Socket, streams and data types?
- 01-15-2011, 12:36 AM #1Member
- Join Date
- Jan 2011
- Rep Power
Socket, streams and data types?
I'm working on a chat/server solution, and the plan is for it to have both text and voice communication. Now, since the same server will power both functions, I was wondering wether I can reuse my socket with accompanying receive method to transfer both text and voice, or wether it needs to be a new socket and streams; on both server and client side?
In short, can I receive two types of Data through a DataInputStream, differentiate between them by type and route them through the correct output, or do I need write a new thread to handle voice input? If this is possible, is there any risk of lag/hickups if the user decides to spam text while talking?
- By jdipierro in forum New To JavaReplies: 5Last Post: 09-28-2010, 03:30 PM
- By Manfizy in forum New To JavaReplies: 2Last Post: 07-07-2009, 08:29 PM
- By venkatteshb in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 08-27-2008, 05:42 PM
- By bluekswing in forum New To JavaReplies: 4Last Post: 01-12-2008, 01:48 AM