Results 1 to 2 of 2
- 12-21-2010, 09:10 AM #1Member
- Join Date
- Nov 2010
- Rep Power
Unable to connect to ftp server java
Please help me guys.
I should be able to successfully send and receive file to/from FTP server.
But then, no changes occurred in the code and I started getting this :
Error: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect
What I am doing is:
FTPClient ftp = new FTPClient();
ftp.connect( IPADDRESS of FTP server);
connect() is giving this execption. I am not understanding the cause for it.
Early reply is priceless
- 12-22-2010, 05:55 AM #2
the end point address is changed, it was a dynamic ip and the lease expired and it renewed to something else?
the remote system no longer accepts input for ftp service, they are down, or are filtering you.
your isp is now filtering ftp traffic.
try to use some other ftp client to see if this can connect to this remote server (e.g. that is different from your java application).
- By idealguy in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 12-14-2010, 12:40 PM
- By dpk_vash in forum NetBeansReplies: 4Last Post: 09-07-2010, 06:51 AM
- By kiki2009 in forum AWT / SwingReplies: 3Last Post: 03-28-2010, 06:55 AM
- By ankitraghuvanshi in forum NetBeansReplies: 2Last Post: 10-23-2008, 02:24 AM
- By jankrishnan in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 07-15-2008, 04:12 PM