Results 1 to 1 of 1
- 01-27-2010, 10:55 AM #1Member
- Join Date
- Jan 2010
- SF Bay Area, CA
- Rep Power
Valid syntax for JavaMail host property?
I am adding email sending to my Tomcat/Spring web app, and
i have read all the docs and samples, and articles i could find on JavaMail
but i have yet to locate a description of the set of valid formats
for the "host" property, only the obvious example.
The obvious case of "smtp.domain.com" for an external internet
smtp server, i get. I have not dealt with network programming before.
But my web app is for use ONLY on an intranet (LAN) inside
a customer firewall, and i haven't found any examples for this case.
Can i use a IP address instead of a url, like "10.10.44.22" ?
or can i just use a the "host name" of the local server system running
the smtp server i.e. String host = "fooserv1";
If a plain host name can be used, what configuration has to be done
on the server running my web app Tomcat instance so it can resolve
the host name. ( my customer is running Tomcat on a virtual host
under Windows XP Pro )
- By isotoper in forum New To JavaReplies: 4Last Post: 12-24-2009, 05:41 PM
- By mindyyong in forum Jobs OfferedReplies: 0Last Post: 06-25-2009, 06:28 AM
- By kairamr in forum EclipseReplies: 0Last Post: 10-31-2008, 08:07 PM
- By heat84 in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 12-22-2007, 03:29 AM
- By baltimore in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 07-31-2007, 11:28 AM