Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: Creating Socket
- 11-18-2009, 02:53 AM #1Member
- Join Date
- Aug 2009
- Rep Power
I want to implement a socket based program. Although I have done a lot of socket based programming in last few months there is one thing that I am confused right now.
Here is what i want to implement:
I have this project where I have applets more than 1 and few frames that pop up when a button in the applet is pressed. Now what i am trying to do is that I am forming a new socket with every frame or an applet. Is it the right way of doing technically programing wise i mean. Is it an efficient way of coding. Or should I have just one socket to interact with the server.
- 11-18-2009, 11:10 PM #2
Simple example: Ok, so you have a server. It can handle around a 100 connections using regular sockets. Would rather have a) 100 users each with one socket, or b) 10 users each with an average of 10 sockets?My Hobby Project: LegacyClone
- By Dieter in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 3Last Post: 09-26-2009, 12:45 AM
- By castiel in forum NetworkingReplies: 2Last Post: 08-25-2009, 02:34 PM
- By firstname.lastname@example.org in forum NetworkingReplies: 3Last Post: 04-17-2009, 08:02 PM
- By fahien_akim in forum New To JavaReplies: 0Last Post: 04-16-2009, 11:41 AM
- By vortex in forum New To JavaReplies: 2Last Post: 05-25-2008, 07:41 AM