I am trying to write a java application that will access a website.
1. The website has a popup login. how to login to the website?
2. the website has hyperlinks which when clicked will open up a log file in new window.
Basically i want to auto login and auto click the link and get the data.
Tried to google but couldnt find much help.
Is there a way to auto browse a website in java like we do in .net using the webbrowser control.
Please let me know where to dig for this.
Thanks in advance
You can do this at a low level, by posting to the site, parsing the response, and loop. I suggest going through the process manually and saving the HTML the site sends each time, which will help you understand what to send back. I'm assuming the site has authorized you to do this...
i have the access to the website. the problem is when you enter the url it will pop up a login window. i have to access the website several times in a day to get the data.
So i want to automate the process.
Following are the difficulties.
1. logging into the website.
2. navigating the website by accesssig the hyperlinks or by entering data in the fields.
What I suggested in my previous post is essentially to write yourself a simple Web browser that can automate the steps you go through to get into the site. However, that involves using the HTTPxxx networking classes and analyzing each request to the server and its response to know what to send. That's intermediate level network programming...
Somebody posted this; I received an e-mail. Maybe they took it down.
1) I never said intermediate network programming was for beginners.
2) That's my initial response to many posts as well