Results 1 to 7 of 7
- 12-22-2008, 12:51 AM #1
java.net.MalformedURLException: unknown protocol: ntp
I need to write an ntp Stream Handler, the URL class spits it - is there some way to sublcass
- 12-22-2008, 03:06 AM #2
- 12-22-2008, 05:10 PM #3
reading that chapter now
I am working on it, that was my first attempt at getting into the actual code, upon reading the first few paragaphs I chose to put up help request as the author ( well informed ) stated that such things are likely not implemented. A decent perusal of the code and docs suggested that doing anything other that http will be convoluted at best.
Sounds pretty advanced looking at it so this is to share as much as it is to ask.
- 12-23-2008, 03:06 AM #4
- 12-23-2008, 07:52 PM #5
I went through the book again yesterday after I posted. I think what I will have to do is use Socket constructor and Simple Time Protocol.
- 12-24-2008, 03:52 AM #6
- 12-24-2008, 04:35 AM #7
Well the question here is one of responsiblity. NTP is clearly a Tier-1 protocol, with nagler's algorithm sufficient reliability could be attiained with enough stratum-2 timeservers....
My thinking tonight as I shut the machine off would be to look for a short list of open servers at stratum-2
Most providers would have traceable and redundant time services, I am thinking to look into Time Protocol RFC 868 ..... one of those catch-22's where any good effort is swamped by Alley Gators.
- By aneuryzma in forum New To JavaReplies: 3Last Post: 08-14-2008, 12:57 PM
- By lada.r in forum NetworkingReplies: 0Last Post: 11-06-2007, 10:13 PM
- By katie in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 08-06-2007, 11:22 PM
- By mary in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 07-13-2007, 05:37 PM
- By millross in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 06-14-2007, 03:25 PM