Results 1 to 1 of 1
- 11-25-2011, 02:25 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Nov 2011
- Rep Power
How do I create a build number or date/timestamp which I can access in my app?
I'm a beginner with Java. I'm using NetBeans to build my app. Can someone explain in simple terms how to automatically create either a build number (e.g. that's incremented every time I rebuild) or a date and timestamp of the build that I can then access in my application? This is simply so I can rtecord in my log files which version of the program created them. I'm going through multiple builds per day and it's essential that I know which version created what output...
I found this useful article (Use ANT to Build a JAR with version/build number - Real's Java How-to), but I don't know enough about how NetBeans uses Ant to implement it within NB.
Thanks - Rowan
- By Rami in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 4Last Post: 07-27-2011, 11:57 AM
- By sal_manilla in forum EclipseReplies: 4Last Post: 10-25-2010, 05:59 AM
- By nn12 in forum New To JavaReplies: 2Last Post: 12-08-2008, 04:42 PM
- By shahjehan in forum JDBCReplies: 3Last Post: 11-18-2007, 08:41 PM
- By ironballs in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 08-01-2007, 01:43 PM