Results 1 to 3 of 3
- 03-06-2011, 08:32 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Mar 2011
- Rep Power
Combine several "Java Desktop Database Applications" together ?
Hi all, Im a basic Java programmer that is at the moment using netBeans to create his "University Project", the purpose of the program is a bit big, but basically what I need to do is:
1. Login withe a username/password - Already made this part as a separate project
2. each usertype will be directed to a different frame based on his possition - the flags are all set up in the same package as login
3. now I want is that if a usertype is (lets say) Admin, then he will be redirected to a frame that does exactly what a premade Java Desktop Database Application will do with my database as his datasource
but my problem is that the other Java Desktop Database Application is in another project, so how can i combine them ? or connect them with no problem.
see the attachement - in the attachement you see the main project which involves login the users in, when user login (based on user type) he will be directed to different application projects.
so is there anyone who can help me ? thanks alot.
Last edited by Mv.c9; 03-06-2011 at 08:34 PM.
One possible solution:
Create one single JFrame as your main application and swap out "views" depending on the user type via a CardLayout. The components that you call "applications" would need to be geared towards creating JPanels, not JFrames, but you're likely better off doing this in the long run anyway.
- 01-01-2012, 06:07 AM #3Member
- Join Date
- Jan 2012
- Rep Power
Re: Combine several "Java Desktop Database Applications" together ?
Hi there, well at first bring all the .java file under one project. Then create a new JFRame in which you will add 3buttons which will allow you to open your other .java file. You can create another file, name should be "main.java". Inside this file just call the java file that you have created.
I hope this will help you, if not knock me i will try to explain you things.... :)
- By sk8rsam77 in forum New To JavaReplies: 11Last Post: 02-26-2010, 03:03 AM
- By cypher_girl in forum JavaServer Pages (JSP) and JSTLReplies: 2Last Post: 12-22-2009, 03:14 AM
- By scotter59 in forum XMLReplies: 2Last Post: 01-29-2009, 07:17 PM
- By soc86 in forum New To JavaReplies: 2Last Post: 01-24-2009, 06:56 PM
- By lse123 in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 10-20-2008, 07:35 AM