Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Very confused Plz help!!
- 02-14-2009, 04:34 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Feb 2009
- Rep Power
Very confused Plz help!!
Ok here is the situation..
i am trying to build a simple GUI video player in java. The way i try to do this is by creating a simple frame, add a button and the rest is acording to the player i am using.
During my research i found several ways of using video players in java application:
JMF:Java media framework...difficult to deal with..lack of codecs
Jvlc:Vlc library...i cant find ANY example code..or any tutorials
Quicktime for Java: I did manage to embed a video player by using the Quicktime API. The program is working as follows:press the button, a file chooser appears, we choose the video and then the video is displayed on the frame. So far so good.Now what i want to do is to play the video from a stream (http or mms) but I CANT!!! quicktime doesnt play any streams i tried!!!
So..the only way i did manage to produce the video on the frame is with quicktime...but i cant play streams with quicktime..which this is the purpose of the program (to play video streams). I even tried to open QT player, try to open a stream and nothing...qtplayer couldnt open the stream (where other programs did).
ANY ideas??? It looks like there is no way to play streamed video in java (for JMF i need additional plug-ins for codecs blah blah)
- By coldfire in forum New To JavaReplies: 3Last Post: 01-13-2009, 01:00 PM
- By updev in forum AWT / SwingReplies: 6Last Post: 11-14-2008, 03:33 PM
- By vineethraj in forum New To JavaReplies: 4Last Post: 01-18-2008, 12:36 AM
- By sivasayanth in forum New To JavaReplies: 2Last Post: 01-12-2008, 04:52 AM
- By creativehacker in forum New To JavaReplies: 6Last Post: 07-02-2007, 08:10 PM