Results 1 to 1 of 1
- 01-24-2012, 05:54 AM #1Member
- Join Date
- Jan 2012
- Rep Power
Does Lucene perform Normalization ?
Hi I am pretty new to using lucene . I want to find the similarity between two documents using lucene . As of now i am giving the second document as the search string and then ranking the result . When i find the term frequencies i notice that they are not normalized . If that is the case with lucene then the large documents score easily .
Please correct me if am wrong . Is it true that lucene does not normalize the term frequencies and also suggest if there are any other good means to find the similarity between two documents using lucene .
Please help me out !
- By gamalpha in forum New To JavaReplies: 2Last Post: 06-27-2011, 09:47 PM
- By mine0926 in forum JDBCReplies: 4Last Post: 08-28-2010, 02:32 AM
- By jeds in forum JDBCReplies: 0Last Post: 03-28-2010, 06:40 AM
- By mnementh64 in forum NetworkingReplies: 1Last Post: 09-17-2009, 05:39 PM
- By Melki in forum AWT / SwingReplies: 6Last Post: 12-08-2008, 08:29 AM