Results 1 to 1 of 1
- 11-24-2011, 12:06 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Nov 2011
- Rep Power
Performance of Lucene with index in database (JDBCDirectory)
Hello, I've got to migrate an application that uses Lucene to a clustered environnement. Before Lucene stored the index in a local FS, but now we have to find a solution to use Lucene in the clustered environnement.
We plan to store the index in the database, using the JDBCDirectory implementation.
The application is mainly used to read from the index, and rarely modify it.
Does someone knows how much the performance will be affected ?
I've read (from Compass framework pages) that performance can be reduced from 10% to 50%, but sometimes less... This is not very precise...
- By Jigna Joshi in forum LuceneReplies: 0Last Post: 11-04-2011, 08:02 AM
- By pranav123 in forum LuceneReplies: 2Last Post: 05-23-2011, 02:14 PM
- By txgeekgirl in forum LuceneReplies: 0Last Post: 10-29-2010, 09:15 PM
- By talktoudaykumar in forum LuceneReplies: 2Last Post: 04-23-2009, 08:51 AM