Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Boosting differences
- 11-24-2010, 10:26 AM #1Member
- Join Date
- Nov 2010
- Rep Power
i have a problem/question to explain:
for example i have 3 documents with the same fields value, so the total score is the same for all docs when i do a search
i have also some boosts set in bf parameter (boost functions in dismax).
bf = field1^1.0 field2^0.8 field3^0.6
all the fields, except for 1, have values between 1 and 2 so i can control the result score,
but the field1 has unknown value (it can be 1 or 100000).
It is a problem cause i would like to normalize this in a range between 1 and 2 to compare score with the others.
is it possibile? if not is there another way to do this??
- By belsen in forum LuceneReplies: 0Last Post: 11-15-2010, 02:41 PM
- By ianbram in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 3Last Post: 11-27-2008, 10:19 AM
- By Java Tip in forum Java TipReplies: 0Last Post: 12-19-2007, 09:53 AM
- By baltimore in forum AWT / SwingReplies: 1Last Post: 08-06-2007, 10:01 AM
- By cecily in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 08-02-2007, 06:37 PM