Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Apache Lucene
- 03-25-2010, 01:25 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Mar 2010
- Rep Power
Need ideas on best practices of Lucene - Indexing & Reindexing!
We would like to implement a Lucene based full text search for a 80 GB sized database. We are novice to Lucene, and the current plan is to achieve this by storing the index terms in a flat file.
1) For Indexing, is it wise to choose Zend Lucene (in terms of performance, stability & usage)? Research shows that Zend/PHP Lucene is much slower! So, would it better to use Java Lucene (or SOLR) for the indexing and Zend Framework for querying the search results?
2) In case of insert/update/delete in the records, how to handle the re-indexing? Please advise how shall we update/delete only the relevant portions of the file.
Last edited by dkarthiin; 03-26-2010 at 06:04 AM.
- By need in forum LuceneReplies: 1Last Post: 03-16-2010, 11:58 AM
- By anusoniaa in forum XMLReplies: 0Last Post: 11-15-2008, 08:29 AM
- By Java Tip in forum Java SoftwareReplies: 0Last Post: 05-08-2008, 06:49 PM
- By peiceonly in forum LuceneReplies: 1Last Post: 08-07-2007, 05:47 PM
- By JavaBean in forum Java SoftwareReplies: 0Last Post: 06-22-2007, 12:47 AM