Results 1 to 1 of 1
- 03-09-2010, 11:32 AM #1Member
- Join Date
- Mar 2010
- Rep Power
can lucene be the solution for my environment
hi there, I'm verry new to java and lucence, so please be patient with me ;)
I have a network drive (x:) on a windows server. In one folder there are let's say 1'000 folders (flat, no sub folders) with about 10'000 documents in it.
I guess it is not a problem to index all this files (most of them are office files and pdfs)
But now my question. Is it possible to greate a kind of a file, where the name of the folder will be written in it. This file or the name of the folder will be a part of a script, which will open an application with the "foldername" as parameter. Sounds strange I know, but here maybe a example to explain it:
x:\mainfolder\folder0001\something01.doc (Titel: Test Document)
x:\mainfolder\folder0001\something02.pdf (Titel: New Search Function)
x:\mainfolder\folder0001\something03.txt (Titel: Readme / Structure)
Now, when somebody would like to know something about the new search function he will see after the search all the results and one of them should be
PDF Document: New Search Function
If one click on the "PDF Document: New Search Function" he should not be able to open the file nor the folder of this document. Instead of this the foldername "folder0001" should be written in a file, or a batch files should be created.
Hope you understand this situation and I would be glad to get some good advices or even a solution.
many thanks, cheers fw
Last edited by forumwurm; 03-09-2010 at 11:34 AM.
- By virendra in forum LuceneReplies: 0Last Post: 01-06-2010, 11:46 AM
- By debobbt in forum New To JavaReplies: 4Last Post: 12-18-2009, 05:34 AM
- By connect2srinath in forum LuceneReplies: 1Last Post: 05-11-2008, 06:35 PM
- By Java Tip in forum Java SoftwareReplies: 0Last Post: 05-08-2008, 07:49 PM
- By prithvi in forum New To JavaReplies: 4Last Post: 04-22-2008, 02:27 PM