Results 1 to 1 of 1
- 07-25-2012, 11:41 AM #1Member
- Join Date
- Jul 2012
- Rep Power
Java Enthusiasts - Exceptionally Prestigious Team within High Frequency Trading
I am looking for experienced Java programmers with an excellent Computer Science education to join a very prestigious team within the financial markets.
This role lies within the Fixed Income, Currencies and Commodities desk at a very prestigious US Investment Bank.
You will be working under somebody who is renowned within banking industry as one of the best quantitative traders around within high frequency trading.
High Frequency Trading has the following characteristics that distinguish it from other methods:
- It is highly quantitative, using computerised algorithms to analyse market data and form trading strategies.
- Positions are held for a brief period of time, could be seconds and will rapidly trade into and out of these positions.
- It is very sensitive to the processing speeds of the markets. This is where technologists play a key role.
The quantitative traders who you will work with are responsible for coming up with mathematical models which analyse market data and look for trading strategies. Their speciality (in this group) is coming up with models that look for theoretical opportunities that exist if they could make a trade in a short time frame. An example of this would be taking advantage of price differentials between two different FX markets.
The challenge for the technologist is to work alongside the person who is researching above and make those theoretical models possible to execute. If you can’t do this - the desk can’t profit because the trades won’t occur.
Your key responsibilities for this type of role are as follows:
- Research computational strategies to reduce the latency of trading transactions, i.e. making the trades execute faster.
- Coming up with new ways to make the existing trading strategies perform better by using your knowledge of computer science to make models more practically possible to implement.
- Contribute to the overall technical research for the firm, making sure that their technology is at the forefront of the financial markets.
Java is used in this group which is not common to use for this type of work (as a contrast to C++). It’s fair to say that this group are enthusiastic about all things Java.
If you would like to be considered for this role you will be able to demonstrate the following:
- 3-5 years experience coding in Core Java which handles large amounts of data at fast speeds.
- An excellent computer science education.
- Blogs to demonstrate your passion for Java in your own time.
You will be seen as the go-to Java guru of your team and one of the best java coders around.
In return, you can expect a very generous remuneration package.
If you are interested in this opportunity and would like to discuss this further, mail a copy of your CV to email@example.com
NJF Search is a leading executive search firm focusing on the Financial Services industry. Our growing reputation among many of the world’s leading financial institutions has resulted in a prolific demand for our services and continued expansion of our international networks.
- By TTSTechnology in forum Jobs OfferedReplies: 0Last Post: 03-08-2011, 08:11 PM
- By TTSTechnology in forum Jobs OfferedReplies: 0Last Post: 03-08-2011, 08:09 PM
- By dsquare in forum Jobs OfferedReplies: 0Last Post: 01-18-2011, 03:06 PM
- By bizihtech in forum Jobs OfferedReplies: 0Last Post: 12-14-2009, 11:57 AM