Java Specialist urgently needed
Syntax Technomediairs is presently seeking for a good Java developer for its client in the Netherlands.
Development of the program dedicated to trabslating patent documents from English into the other national languages of the
European Patent Organisation Member States and vice-versa. To support the translation service a
database needs to be developed in order to store the linguistic assets, such as bilingual text corpora
etc. In addition to that, the respective data needs to be acquired and pre-processed.
- Maintenance and bug fixing for existing software to store all data relevant for Machine
Translations (such as dictionaries in OLIF format, aligned sentences in TMX format, patent
documents in PDF and TIF formats) in an existing database.
- Development of new functionality based on existing code in order to database transaction
performance and graphical interface for query creation.
- Development of tools for text conversion, parsing, sentence segmentation,
- Daily administrator operation such as conversion of data into needed format, sending data via ftp
to others, database and file clean-up.
- Good experience in software and database development using Java, JSP, Springs, Hibernate,
Jboss, Web-server, Database (DB2, mySQL), SQL, maven, CVS
- Good experience in data administration: Linux, clean-up of databases and tables, operation with
databases (SQL), installation and user management for restricted access on Linux.
- Good experience in text data processing: creating and using tools for parser /converter
- Fundamental experience in XML processing (XML, XPATH, XML Schema, XSLT).
- Good salary
- Interesting job in mulitcultural environment
- Work in NL
If interested please be so kind and send your application, including the personal data protection caluse, on the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with topic DEVELOPER