Results 1 to 1 of 1
- 09-21-2011, 12:53 AM #1Member
- Join Date
- Sep 2011
- Rep Power
Java Expert for OSS Instructor/Researcher/Author
OSS Instructor/Researcher/Author (Java and/or front-end web technologies)
Passionate about open source? We want to pay you to research the latest and greatest in OSS, publish what you've learned and teach the world's brightest software engineers.
We are looking for you to join our team of experts and help us:
- Research the hottest new open source technologies.
- Author books, training content, slides, examples, labs, quizzes, etc.
- Deliver training classes (online, in our classrooms or at our customers' sites).
- Engage both local and global communities of software professionals, speak at user groups/conferences, and connect with other gurus in the industry.
- Innovate the way we deliver training (e.g., develop new tools, processes, and methodologies).
About our company:
Marakana is an open-source training company, based in San Francisco, committed to helping high-performance teams of developers solve unique problems by advancing their OSS skill set. Our clients include the likes of Mortorla, Sony Ericsson, SalesForce.com, Comcast, Intel, NetApp, HTC, Qualcomm, Depart of Defense, Microsoft, Wells Fargo, and many more. We organize the San Francisco Java, Android, and HTML5 user groups and have developed deep relationships with a number of big names in the industry.
Why is Marakana a great place to work?
- We take pride in serving the open source community through our participation in user groups, open source conferences and the publishing of free content.
- We believe a great company culture drives success: work-life balance, daily foosball tournaments, full company participation in strategy meetings and an open environment where creativity, innovation and new ideas are encouraged.
- We remain on the cutting-edge of technology and have established ourselves as an authority on OSS.
- We have been growing at 100% year-over-year providing ample room for growth and opportunity.
For you to be effective in this role, you need to:
- Have a degree in Computer Science.
- Be passionate about open source software and open standards.
- Be able to communicate your ideas well and enjoy sharing what you know with others (prior teaching experience is a plus).
- Be willing to travel, getting in front of the customers and speaking in public.
- Be dependable and professional.
Apply online here.
- By Gopinath Anandaiah in forum Jobs DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 08-02-2011, 03:31 PM
- By Bart in forum IntroductionsReplies: 2Last Post: 04-28-2011, 02:33 AM
- By timvtc1 in forum Jobs OfferedReplies: 0Last Post: 02-14-2011, 06:21 PM
- By GraceC1990 in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 2Last Post: 10-23-2010, 07:06 PM
- By javaseek in forum New To JavaReplies: 15Last Post: 10-14-2008, 07:17 PM