Results 1 to 1 of 1
- 08-30-2011, 06:22 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Aug 2011
- Rep Power
Java/J2EE Development position in Dublin
Would you like to break new ground and innovate with a world-leading company? At D&B we value innovation and creativity which has helped us become a world leader in Risk Management and Business Information for over 170 years. As part of our new Centre of Excellence you'll have an opportunity to influence the way we do business.
Working with emerging technologies and software, you will be provided with a working environment that is stimulating, challenging and rewarding. At D&B the focus is very much on true agile development where developers are encouraged to design and develop systems rather than endless documentation.
D&B are looking for developers who are proud of their code and who are willing to stand behind it every time. People who want to make Test Driven Development and metrics a part of their everyday development process with a focus on quality, elegant code, and superior standards. We want people who take an active interest in the technical community as a whole and who have a passion for what they do.
If you want to influence; have the talent and ability to innovate with the best and the courage to stand up for quality then we want to talk to you.
- Development of cutting edge applications currently written in Java and Adobe Flex and delivered via the web but will expand to new platforms, delivery methods and technologies.
- Working in a cross-functional agile team you will be developing features end-to-end across the software stack and responsible for all non-functional capabilities.
- You will be expected to write elegant, simple code that lends itself to low cost maintenance, extensibility, testability and performance.
- You will validate proposed approaches and explore new concepts using proof-of-concepts, wire frames and early experience prototypes.
Skills and Experience
- A genuine passion and interest in technology and software development with a thorough knowledge of web trends, best practices, and new technologies with the drive to stay informed on upcoming trends.
- At least 2 years commercial experience developing production grade software.
- Thorough understanding of object-oriented design and programming methodologies.
- The ability to write well documented, maintainable, and testable code.
- Experience working with any of the major open-source or commercial frameworks a plus (Flex, Spring, GWT, .NET, Rails...)
- Experience of automated unit testing frameworks and continuous integration definitely a plus.
Personal Attributes Required
- Candidates must be able to work in a collaborative team environment
- Candidates must also be able to use their own initiative but not be afraid to ask for help
- Have the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical people
- Be innovative and enjoy working with emerging technology
What We Offer
- Fully paid health insurance
- A comprehensive benefits package
- 25 days holidays
- Hi-spec developer workstations
- A comfortable Innovation Room with white board walls and interactive whiteboards that stimulate creativity
More information on some of the D&B products below:
- By Stijobs in forum Jobs OfferedReplies: 0Last Post: 05-13-2011, 07:38 PM
- By matiabi in forum IntroductionsReplies: 1Last Post: 03-23-2011, 05:22 AM
- By helloworld111 in forum AWT / SwingReplies: 5Last Post: 02-19-2009, 01:36 AM
- By softdev in forum Reviews / AdvertisingReplies: 1Last Post: 01-17-2008, 11:52 AM