Needed Java Developer - RIM/BlackBerry
Research In Motion Limited® (RIM)® is a world leader in the mobile communications market and has a history of developing breakthrough wireless solutions. RIM's portfolio of award-winning products, services and embedded technologies is used by thousands of organizations around the world and includes the BlackBerry® wireless platform, the RIM Wireless Handheld™ product line, software development tools and software/hardware licensing agreements. RIM is seeking driven individuals who can take our wireless data products to the next level in the global wireless market. Are you ready to make a difference in the world of mobile communications with RIM?
The successful candidate will work with a dynamic group of people in the Java Product Delivery team, responsible for feature development and maintenance on proprietary BlackBerry software applications.
The successful candidate's responsibilities will include:
Design, implementation, testing, integration and troubleshooting of various software features to the BlackBerry's Java application layer.
Work closely with various BlackBerry development, test, and requirements teams.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
· Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
· Minimum of 2 years software development experience using Java or other Object Oriented languages
· Thorough understanding of programming fundamentals and OOD principles
· Capability of taking on responsibility for a substantial portion of a project
· Superior problem solving and software debugging skills
· Demonstrated unit testing skills and attention to software quality
· Experience with configuration management tools and processes
· Ability to take initiative and responsibility in a team environment
· Capability of working with multiple team and multiple external and internal customers to study and analyze product requirements, new features functionalities and to design
· Strong desire to work in a fast-paced, innovative environment
· Independent work ethic to bring task to completion
· Good verbal and written communication skills
· Experience with mobile phone software development and J2ME applications
· Experience with User Interface frameworks and components
· Experience with Multimedia-related application development
· Understanding of the complete software project lifecycle
· Understanding of multi threaded event driven systems
· Strong technical skills to coach and mentor co-op/interim team members
· Experience with Agile software development processes
Java Developer - RIM/BlackBerry, job company Mobile Development, Telecom Jobs & wireless jobs in the world | TelecomWirelessJobs.com