Urgent need for Applications Developer
Location: New Jersey
Under the direction of the Principal Investigator or other supervisor assigned, the Applications Developer will review, analyze, and modify software developed and maintained as part of the research activities. This will include encoding, testing, debugging and documenting the information systems and software applications. The incumbent will also provide technical support to end users, and meet regularly with other team members, system beta-testers, and end users to determine the requirements of the systems. The Applications Developer will be responsible for enhancing the systems based on the requirements.
- Provides technical support to end users.
- Writes, modifies, and debugs programming code in Visual Basic, Java, Microsoft Access 2003/2007, ASP and Java Scripts to satisfy user requirements, correct problems and enhance systems.
- Designs and customizes reports that will be used by client agencies to meet their federally mandated obligations.
- Applies patches/upgrades to packaged software to maintain system integrity using InstallShield Developer and RoboHelp. Tests the end product using VM Ware or Virtual PC on various platforms.
- Helps clients migrate their existing data and business processes using MS Access and SQL.
- Documents procedures to ensure the understanding of how the software functions, the functional requirements and intended use/purpose of various software functions.
- Performs other duties as required by the Principal Investigator or other supervisor.
-Bachelor's degree in CIS, MIS, IT or a related field with one to two years related experience.
In addition, the qualified individual must have:
- Understanding of database connectivity, including ODBC and SQL.
- Advanced skills and experience with web and database integration tools.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.