New Poster-Need Awesome Java Engineer - External Referral Bonus!!!
Hi Forum - this is my first post - so please be kind.
I'm the newly hired Director of HR from a very cool start up in Emeryville, CA. I have been tasked with locating some Java superstars. Hello??? Are you out there???? If you are not a fit for my position you might know of someone who is. If we hire one of your friends on the 91st day you can receive a cash bonus of $1000! So do you know of anyone looking for a job?
Contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Here's the job description:
Awesome Software Engineer - Senior Java Developer - Ad Platforms
We are looking for a Java engineer with a background building scalable advertising systems. Our product, TubeMogul PlayTime®, is the first video-focused ad platform of its kind, allowing brands to reach large but highly targeted audiences.
You will work with a small team of talented engineers who are well versed in Java and the surrounding ecosystem of open-source technologies like Hadoop, Hbase and other things starting with “H”. If you think "season" when you hear the word "spring", this may not be the right fit. You should consider yourself an Engineering powerhouse, as you'll be working on a product line that is very core to the company's future growth.
TubeMogul is a revenue-generating, top-tier VC-funded startup with an impressive user-base and a proven sales model. The company is built from the ground up to be a profitable business, not a quick flip. Our culture is one of ownership, accountability and living up to promises. As such, employees take the lead when it comes to company culture.
• Build large, complex systems that scale to billions of transactions a month
• Actively participate and/or drive architecture and design discussions
• Play well with a top-notch Engineering team
• Help build an awesome company
Required Personal Characteristics & Qualifications:
• Most important, you are a whip-smart, friendly and make-it-happen person
• MS/BS in Computer Science or related background
• Java expert. Hands on coding experience with any or all of these technologies:
o Java, Hadoop, HBase, Hive, MySQL/RDBMS, Spring, Hibernate
• Expert in Object-Oriented Design, Analysis, and Programming
• Experience with ad serving and/or real-time bidding systems is a big plus
• Track record of working on distributed, scalable, multi-threaded and fault-tolerant systems
• Experience using large data sets in data warehousing / ETL / data processing systems a plus
• Excellent analytical and debugging skills
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills
• Intensely driven, proactive, and hard working
• Thrives in the landscape of rapidly changing technology
• Iterate quickly. Comfortable with frequent change cycles.
• Strong sense of ownership and personal pride in your work
Salary, stock options and benefits including medical and dental plan, paid vacation, 401k, new laptop, and bright, spacious office.
BTW- we made ONHollywood’s Top 100 Companies List. Check it out
Announcing the 2010 OnHollywood 100 Top Private Companies | AlwaysOn