Sr. Systems Engineer - Production Engineering (Santa Monica, CA) - Edmunds.com
The Sr. Systems Engineer functions as a key interface between the Operations and Development teams. They will contribute to the design and implementation of both software and hardware infrastructures ensuring code and new technologies are built to be deployed and scalable in a high-volume, 24/7 production environment.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
· Partner closely with Operations and Development teams to design, support, and manage scalable applications and infrastructure.
· Provide expert support for analyzing application-level configuration and performance issues.
· Define standard operating procedures of software deployment and automation, performance tuning and analysis, and day-to-day operational management of applications, etc.
· Define and maintain security standards for new product implementations.
· 5-7+ years of IT/Internet industry experience in a high volume, 24/7 production environment
· Extensive UNIX/Linux systems administration experience
· Extensive Java EE application server experience (i.e., WebLogic, JBoss)
· Extensive Apache HTTP server experience
· Strong scripting language background (Bash, Perl, Python, etc)
· In-depth knowledge of automation concepts, theories, and practices
· Strong ability to lead and influence in a technical lead role
· Proficient knowledge of Web 2.0 standards and best practices
· Familiarity with SOA concepts and technologies
· B.S. in Computer Science preferred (or related field or equivalent experience)