Lead Web Developer Oppty at the "Pandora for Wine"
We are a new start-up based in San Francisco looking for a lead developer. We are building the "Pandora for Wine." If you like challenges and free wine, we have plenty of both.
As the Lead Developer at WineTamer, you will be responsible for all website and application builds (from mobile apps to social site integrations). You will be the core of the engineering team that we will build around.
• Develop new features for our existing site and scale it from Alpha to GA
• Develop/oversee website front-end, mobile applications, and Facebook integrations (until we hire additional developers we will outsource to supplement you)
• Build the foundation for all development (e.g., set-up development and testing environments, configure testing software, etc.)
• Establish testing policies and software and lead system integration and testing
• 5+ years web development experience, coding in Java, preferably with knowledge of Apache Wicket, Guice, Maven, Spring JDBC templates, and Jetty servlet container
• Ruby on Rails experience strongly preferred (although our alpha was developed in Java, we’ll likely transition to Ruby shortly)
• Expertise in rich front-end development (prefer JQuery and YUI grids experience)
• Good eye for front-end design
• Mobile application development and social networking API (e.g., Facebook Connect) experience preferred
• MYSQL experience
• Experience integrating and de-duping structured and unstructured data from multiple sources, including crawlers, XML feeds from thousands of partners, etc.
• Practical outlook and belief in iterating quickly
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science
Cash and equity
If interested send your latest resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
CEO and Co-Founder: the CEO brings more than 10 years of consumer marketing, retail and financial services experience to WineTamer. Most recently, the CEO was a senior Engagement Manager at McKinsey & Company, a global management consulting firm. As a leader in McKinsey’s Marketing & Sales practice, he advised Fortune 500 retail and other consumer companies on a variety of marketing and strategy topics, including developing e-commerce and multichannel go-to-market strategies and building predictive algorithms to improve targeting of marketing offers and messages to customers. Prior to McKinsey, he worked as a CRM Consultant for American Management Systems, and as an Equity Analyst for First Albany Capital (now Broadpoint Securities). He holds an MBA from the University of California, Berkeley and a BA in Economics from Colgate University.
President/COO and Co-Founder: the President brings over 10 years of product marketing, CRM implementation, and analytical marketing experience to this start-up. Most recently, he served as an Engagement Manager within McKinsey & Company’s Marketing and Sales Practice where he advised Fortune 500 consumer technology and retail companies on topics ranging from go-to-market strategies for new product launches to customer experience transformations to customer lifecycle management. Previously, the President worked as a Senior Product Marketing Manager at Yahoo! and as a CRM Consultant at PriceWaterhouseCoopers. He earned an MBA from the University of California, Berkeley and a BSE in Systems Science Engineering from the University of Pennsylvania.
VP of Analytics: the VP of Analytics comes to WineTamer with 25 years of experience in statistical model building, analytic consulting, algorithm development, and marketing research. His most recent prior position was as a Director of Research at Fair Isaac, where he led a group that built tools to improve Fair Isaac's models using genetic algorithms. Prior to Fair Isaac, the VP of Analytics worked as a Marketing Analytic Consultant, serving clients such as Best Buy, Microsoft, and Disney. He spent over eight years at Leo Burnett Advertising, working in the Marketing Research and Database Marketing groups, ending there as a VP. He earned his MA and BA from the University of Chicago, where he majored in Psychology.