Java Wargaming Developer
***Please apply at www(dot)alatecinc(dot)com***
ALATEC is one of the fastest growing private, government services companies in the United States. Based in Huntsville, AL; ALATEC has operations in New Mexico, Texas, Kansas, Virginia, Florida, and Arizona. Driven by ethical business practices and a passionate work environment, ALATEC is committed to supporting the U.S. Soldier.
ALATEC is seeking passionate Java Wargaming Developer who wants to work in a challenging, professional environment committed to national security and soldier safety. As a Wargaming Developer you will develop and support leading edge modeling & simulation software that is utilized for military wargaming studies.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Planning and the development of leading edge US Army combat simulation modeling programs
- Improving the performance of the system as it processes complex behaviors of simulated soldiers and their interactions with the environment
- Creating a user interface that is intuitive, user-friendly, and has a consistent look-and-feel
- Guaranteeing high quality in all aspects of documentation and coding
- Collaborating directly with other engineers and management
- Not less than 2 years of recent, professional Java experience in software development
- Proficient user of MS Office 2007 Products
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Customer service oriented, specifically adept at "expectations management"
- Effective analytical and problem solving abilities
- Experienced programming in a modeling or simulations-gaming
- Recent project management/lead or business analysis experience
- Familiar with NetBeans/CVS development environments
- Possess a bachelors degree (computer science, mathematics, engineering, or technical preferred)
Work Site Requirement:
- Currently have, or ability to obtain, a U.S. secret clearance
(If you're not familiar with this requirement please do a bit of research prior to filling out an application./ This is a non-negotiable requirement.)
- Work on-site at White Sands Missile Range, NM
- Telecomm is NOT an option
ALATEC is an EEO employer
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.