Results 1 to 1 of 1
- 09-10-2008, 12:29 AM #1Member
- Join Date
- Sep 2008
- Orange County, CA
- Rep Power
Job Offered: Sr. Java Developer (San Diego, CA)
Akonix (now a part of Quest Software) is the maker of the most deployed IM security and compliance products in the world, provides a Unified Policy Management (UPM) platform to monitor the use of unified communications applications like instant messaging and online conferencing in the workplace, administering and enforcing corporate policy and assisting with compliance regulations. The company’s flagship product, L7 Enterprise, is a suite of UPM modules for simplifying and securing the use of real-time communications by managing all applications from a central location. L7 Enterprise performs security, archiving, content scanning, entitlement and reporting functions for electronic communications, including instant messaging, online conferencing, VoIP and electronic faxing.
Over two million people around the world rely on Akonix’s/Quest's products to manage and enforce electronic messaging policy and meet compliance requirements.
We are developing the next generation platform for our Unified Policy Management platform. If you have what it takes to develop enterprise class software and take network security and Unified Policy Management to the next level then Akonix is the place for you. Located in beautiful downtown San Diego, we are easy to get to and is located close to restaurants, banks, and shopping, and is just a short walk from Petco Park and the Gaslamp District.
Software development is mainly done in Java with some C++ and C# as required. We use the Agile / Scrum methodologies and employ continuous integration and verification (Unit Tests) of the software. Products are available in both Windows Server versions and preconfigured on appliances running our own Linux based operating system, AkOS™.
We are seeking a Sr. Java Developer with the following skill set:
· Ability to design and develop new software from the ground up
· Ability to work in a team environment with other Sr. Engineers
· Ability to pay close attention to detail and provide quality, robust software
· Ability to work in an Agile environment utilizing the Scrum methodologies
· Ability to develop Enterprise ready software
Duties and Responsibilities include:
· Participation in all aspects of software design and development
· Demonstration of working code to peers and other departments
· Development and delivery of enterprise quality software
· 7+ years of software development with 4+ years Java development
· 4+ years of OOP / OOD
· N-Tier application design and development
· Multi-threading / Multi-process programming
· Experience with software development on Windows or Linux
· Experience with the full software development cycle from concept to delivery
· Self motivated highly productive team player
Preferred experience with:
· TCP Protocols and protocol analysis tools
· Oracle and / or SQL server (from a DB development prospective)
· JDBC or related APIs
· Unit Testing tools (JUnit preferred)
· Agile / Scrum software development
· BSCS, BSCE, BSEE or related degree
In exchange for your skills and contributions, Akonix / Quest Software, Inc., offers flexible benefits and a competitive compensation package that allows our employees to make choices that fit their individual lifestyles.
Please Note: At this time we are not offering work sponsorship or relocation. Local Candidates, Please.
If interested, please submit your resume to Michele.McKay@quest.com
- By evanp in forum Jobs OfferedReplies: 0Last Post: 07-22-2008, 04:39 PM
- By sekhar in forum Jobs OfferedReplies: 0Last Post: 05-25-2008, 05:35 AM
- By brem in forum Jobs OfferedReplies: 3Last Post: 04-22-2008, 07:35 AM
- By yismurizal in forum Jobs OfferedReplies: 0Last Post: 01-25-2008, 01:09 AM
- By UMRecruiter3 in forum Jobs OfferedReplies: 1Last Post: 01-22-2008, 07:08 PM