Results 1 to 2 of 2
- 03-29-2013, 12:18 AM #1Member
- Join Date
- Mar 2013
- Rep Power
What must one know for an Entry Level Java job?
I am going to be working soon in a job that will require java programming perhaps 50% of the time in a JEE environment.
I have slowly learned Java and OOP over the last two years, but I have been focusing primarily on other technologies.
What is expected out of an entry level java programmer?
- To be fluent in Eclipse
- To be fluent in NetBeans
- To know all the data structures
- To know OOP patterns and recognize when to use them
- 03-29-2013, 04:25 PM #2
Re: What must one know for an Entry Level Java job?
It's really going to depend on the job. Being fluent in an IDE might help, but that should be something that you can learn. Perhaps asking the job what IDE they use would be good. Other than that, you're going to need to know the basic tutorials like the back of your hand, and for JEE stuff, you're going to have to know the web/server stuff on top of that.
But really, you should be asking the job this, not us.
- By wildcat79 in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 0Last Post: 08-02-2012, 07:41 PM
- By iceyferrara in forum New To JavaReplies: 12Last Post: 09-23-2011, 02:25 PM
- By Differintegral in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 07-30-2010, 04:50 AM
- By mfaizan24 in forum New To JavaReplies: 7Last Post: 06-23-2009, 10:18 AM