Results 1 to 1 of 1
- 12-13-2012, 02:04 AM #1Member
- Join Date
- Nov 2012
- Rep Power
In Computer Science, what matters more: Experience or the school that you went to?
I'm a high school student and I don't think I can get into a good school for computer science (3.4 GPA / bad ACT scores / lots of honors and AP courses though, and a tough college prep school). Anyways, I'm certain I'd be able to get at the very least a few internships, including one this summer since I took AP Computer Science and am going into more detail on Java this year. Anyways, my point-blank question is:
Which is more important when employers look at computer science applications? That I went to a great school, or that I went to an acceptable school and have had internships since I was in high school?
- By svo in forum New To JavaReplies: 9Last Post: 04-08-2012, 06:29 PM
- By sixxvirus in forum New To JavaReplies: 17Last Post: 11-18-2011, 08:30 AM
- By Sean_J in forum New To JavaReplies: 6Last Post: 02-10-2010, 01:10 PM
- By giganews35 in forum IntroductionsReplies: 2Last Post: 09-14-2008, 09:19 AM
- By BSOS in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 12-11-2007, 04:54 AM