Results 1 to 2 of 2
- 04-16-2012, 04:33 AM #1Member
- Join Date
- Apr 2012
- Rep Power
Career change from HTML developer to Java developer
I need guidance on switching my career to Java from ASP.NET/HTML development.
I always wanted to be a Java developer, I did my undergrad in Computer sciences(graduated in 2007), my final year project was in Java, then I did my Masters in Information Systems(I did a couple of courses - one in Java and other in JSP/Hibernate. I completed my graduation in 2009. Then I searched for Java positions, but due to recession, I couldnt find any Java positions. The only job I got was a HTML developer(mostly HTML, CSS, JS, some Classic ASP/ASP.NET/PHP). I have been in this job for 3 years now and I am looking to shift my career to Java.
I have never had any professional experience in Java, other than the project that I did in my undergrad. Now I need some guidance on how to gain practical hands-on experience so that I can reach my goal.
I have come across "9 CD's Sun MicroSystems Java Training" on a website. Can anyone suggest if this is a good way to learn Java?
I am sure I can pickup Java easily, but I don't know that path to take, the books/resources to read etc. Please help me.
Thanks in advance.
- 04-16-2012, 12:08 PM #2
- By Jacq@Touchpoint-Resource in forum Jobs OfferedReplies: 0Last Post: 01-12-2012, 10:49 AM
- By Recruitment_Stephen in forum Jobs OfferedReplies: 0Last Post: 06-24-2011, 10:09 AM
- By gerarda in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 12-09-2010, 05:06 PM
- By Mickey Purewal in forum Jobs OfferedReplies: 0Last Post: 08-13-2008, 11:38 AM
- By evanp in forum Jobs OfferedReplies: 0Last Post: 07-22-2008, 04:39 PM