Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Do I have what it takes.
- 03-04-2011, 01:32 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Sep 2008
- Rep Power
Do I have what it takes.
I'm currently at uni (part-time) doing computer science. I've been learning how to program for a few years now (C/C++/Java/Scala) and I've always been thinking, do I have what its takes to become a programmer. I've wrote simple programs ranging from a simple theremin, drum machine, music sequencer, a threaded web server and some other useless applications for university.
I class myself as being a technical minded person. I'm currently working in electronics at a college and I've always been interested in anything technical since I was a kid (ages 4-5 seriously). I enjoy learning design patterns too.
But the only thing I tend to find difficult implementing are data structures and sort and searching algorithms. I know what they are, and when to use them, but I tend to rely on the classes already built into the java/C++ (STL) languages.
I'm currently 24, and I've got two more years at uni. I'm hoping to become a full time programmer, but I dunno if what the expectations are in becoming a programmer.
Any hints please?
- By CaptainBlood in forum New To JavaReplies: 2Last Post: 10-15-2010, 05:09 AM
- By mnk007 in forum EclipseReplies: 0Last Post: 04-21-2009, 01:32 AM
- By Adde1986 in forum New To JavaReplies: 2Last Post: 04-09-2009, 10:46 PM
- By arnab321 in forum New To JavaReplies: 9Last Post: 01-13-2009, 06:45 PM
- By iresha in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 6Last Post: 05-11-2008, 02:31 AM