Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: JPA vs Hibernate
- 07-06-2011, 05:28 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Apr 2011
- Rep Power
[SOLVED] JPA vs Hibernate
I'm thinking about building a application using just JPA instead of using JPA with Hibernate. My question is how can I access DB with just JPA? Do I have to use JDBC? From what I've been reading Hibernate "facilitates" JPA by providing a mechanism to communicate with DBs (among other things).
thank you for reading
EDIT: Ok, JPA is the specification (can't count how many times I've read this already) and I must use Toplink Essentials, EclipseLink, Hibernate or OpenJPA, and some others. So I guess I'll stick with Hibernate for now. I feel like I'm talking with myself here.
Last edited by buyapentiumjerk; 07-06-2011 at 06:03 PM. Reason: SolvedThere is not knowledge that it is not power!
- By ajhansiprasad in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 2Last Post: 11-06-2008, 06:20 AM
- By Nick15 in forum JDBCReplies: 2Last Post: 06-05-2008, 03:39 PM
- By sundarjothi in forum EclipseReplies: 0Last Post: 04-26-2008, 08:29 AM
- By Heather in forum JDBCReplies: 2Last Post: 06-30-2007, 03:01 PM
- By Shuru in forum JDBCReplies: 2Last Post: 05-09-2007, 05:39 PM