Results 1 to 1 of 1
- 01-08-2011, 01:09 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Jan 2011
- Rep Power
Some Problems using according to the databases
I am creating a project that needs connection to a database at another Computer. So the project will connect to this computer in order to access the database.
I created most of the project using a local connection (ODBC) driver , that is connected to SQL Server 2008 .
Now , i would like to make the connection by using the IP address of the computer that contains the database(The Server) .
My Problem is , i am using SQL server 2008 and using the driver "jdbc.odbc" ,
is that good ??
Also , is SQL server is better for this , or should i use mysql ??
Also, when i read data from the SQL server , i get "???? ????? " ,
I think that happened since the letters that are saved at the SQL are not english. but i don't know where is the problem coming from , the Java application or some settings at the SQL server 2008.
Now , to summarize my problems :-
1- How to Connect java application to a database at another PC using IP .
2-Which is better , SQL server 2008 or Mysql ?!!
3- How to save non english letters at the SQL Server 2008 ??
Thank You for ur time.
- By idefix in forum New To JavaReplies: 4Last Post: 10-06-2009, 09:52 AM
- By rantravee in forum Web FrameworksReplies: 1Last Post: 12-23-2008, 06:59 AM
- By paty in forum XMLReplies: 3Last Post: 08-16-2008, 12:11 AM
- By tommy in forum JDBCReplies: 2Last Post: 07-28-2007, 05:04 AM
- By varunthecool in forum JDBCReplies: 2Last Post: 07-09-2007, 08:06 AM