Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: database server??
- 07-28-2008, 04:31 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Jul 2008
- Rep Power
- 07-29-2008, 11:42 PM #2
I assume you want to design scemas for tables within a database that is supported by a pre-developed RDMBS package.
If that is a good assumption, then download MySql.
MySQL :: The world's most popular open source database Its open source, free, robust, well supported, etc.
Use JDBC to connect your Java code to the MySql database engine, after you have created your database, created your tables, etc.
If you want to write your own RDBMS package, that is a great thing, it was a standard one semester assignment when I was in grad school. But its fairly hard, it takes a full semister to do.
- By maruthi_s in forum Enterprise JavaBeans (EJB)Replies: 2Last Post: 07-15-2008, 06:11 PM
- By Java Tip in forum Java SoftwareReplies: 0Last Post: 06-24-2008, 03:12 PM
- By chaudhuri_abhi in forum Java ServletReplies: 1Last Post: 02-11-2008, 07:05 PM
- By percivalwcy in forum JDBCReplies: 2Last Post: 08-08-2007, 03:10 AM
- By satya in forum Enterprise JavaBeans (EJB)Replies: 4Last Post: 06-05-2007, 01:45 AM