Results 1 to 2 of 2
- 01-30-2008, 11:52 AM #1Member
- Join Date
- Jan 2008
- Rep Power
How to track client logout time and orignal ipaddress (not gateway) in java
1) I want to capture the client logout time, when he closes the window in wrong way also i.e. "X" (window close).
So, i want to try entirely in java only.
2) I want to capture the client original login system IP, not gateway IP, i am getting client ip if i use Sessions.
Using, java only i want to capture client Original Ip, where ever he login from.
very very urg...............
- 06-13-2008, 12:32 AM #2
Getting the actual IP is not likely, one can record enough information about the transaction that logging and so on could be effective There are all manner of IP-V4 substitutions going on so that admnistrators can juggle all the equipment and traffic. Just ask the user for some simple information - the proverbial username and password are sufficient. If you have real troubles, coding at this skill level is just going to make you the target of much more skilled people.
I have heard of at least one discussion that there is no way to capture a system.exit() event. Ask your users to logout. If they won't, go back to Burger Barn and ask for your old job back till you find some decent people.
Last edited by Nicholas Jordan; 06-13-2008 at 01:33 AM. Reason: spelling - add coma for readbility
- By JavaBean in forum Java SoftwareReplies: 0Last Post: 03-14-2008, 06:12 PM
- By pankajagar2001 in forum JavaServer Pages (JSP) and JSTLReplies: 1Last Post: 01-03-2008, 06:37 AM
- By java_fun2007 in forum New To JavaReplies: 4Last Post: 11-06-2007, 07:25 PM
- By nilesh.malode in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 07-13-2007, 09:44 PM
- By pegitha in forum Jobs OfferedReplies: 0Last Post: 05-08-2007, 04:01 PM