Results 1 to 1 of 1
- 12-16-2007, 05:53 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Dec 2007
- Rep Power
New to JSF, simple problem with Eclispe and Tomcat
I'm having problems doing what should be very simple. Trying to extend my JAVA knowledge which is limited to pure JAVA, not J2EE. To do so, I downloaded Eclipse (latest build) and Tomcat (v5.5). Everything appears to run fine, but I'm having problems running a simple JSP page (with JAVA Server Faces).
FYI, I'm on Mac, running latest Leopard build.
- In eclispe, define Tomcat as a server and strat server, no problem
- Create a new WEB project
- Create new .jsp page (simple, with HTML title, and text in body.
- Select Run -> Run On Server
Get error in browser :
HTTP Status 404 - /sample/faces/index.jsp
type Status report
description The requested resource (/sample/faces/index.jsp) is not available.
- By sanjeevtarar in forum Java ServletReplies: 3Last Post: 04-16-2008, 11:53 AM
- By pmcastillo in forum New To JavaReplies: 0Last Post: 03-26-2008, 07:59 AM
- By osval in forum New To JavaReplies: 2Last Post: 07-29-2007, 08:13 PM
- By Peter in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 2Last Post: 06-29-2007, 10:43 AM
- By Alan in forum EclipseReplies: 3Last Post: 05-08-2007, 06:18 AM