Results 1 to 1 of 1
- 04-04-2011, 02:51 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Apr 2011
- Rep Power
Reload/Compile Jsp pages after updating XML file on webserver
I am running a jsp page (with some jar files) on a Tomcat webserver. On the page I am updating a XML file on the server based on the users input. The XML file is successfully updated (as I can see the new lines when opening the file) but I can not access the inserted data through my jsp page afterwards. Only after restarting the server manually it detects the changes in the xml file and I can display the xml-data online.
I read somewhere that a parameter called reloadable can be set in the context.xml file in the META-INF folder of the webapp, but it seems that it only detects changes in java class files and not in manipulated XML files.
Is there a way to let the server know about the changes in the XML file and recompile the jsp files automatically?
- By gudvivek in forum Java AppletsReplies: 0Last Post: 03-31-2011, 05:19 PM
- By Kyx in forum New To JavaReplies: 3Last Post: 08-20-2010, 04:20 AM
- By sanoj_av in forum Java AppletsReplies: 7Last Post: 05-14-2010, 04:39 AM
- By barunva in forum Web FrameworksReplies: 1Last Post: 10-21-2008, 10:21 AM
- By Java Tip in forum Java TipReplies: 0Last Post: 01-30-2008, 11:04 AM