Tomcat autoDeploy problem
I'm a longtime PHP developer just getting started with JSP, and I seem to be spending only 10% of my time writing code and the other 90% messing around with Tomcat's configuration files.
I want to have a single web application on my site, with lots of directories inside it:
I need these to all be part of the SAME application. However, when I first got started, I had < Host ... autoDeploy="true" > set in server.xml. Tomcat then tried to be helpful and created new applications for each of my subdirectories, which is not what I wanted. Now I can't, e.g., include a file from /dir1 in /dir2/index.jsp because Tomcat thinks they're separate applications.
I turned autoDeploy off for all my sites once I figured this out, but it was too late for some of them. They're already "deployed" (though they really weren't applications, just dirs I created and put an index.jsp into).
The question is, how do I merge all these applications back into one? I can't find any settings in any of the config files (server.xml, context.xml, etc.) that tells Tomcat that these are separate applications. I tried deleting everything in Tomcat 6.0/work and that didn't help. It must be saving this information somewhere, but where?
FYI, I tried using the Tomcat Manager app to fix this, and can't get that to work either (separate issue related to the fact that I'm using a few different virtual hosts). Is there any way to undo what autoDeploy did without having to use the Manager?